- Chhattisgarh Government is working vigorously for public interest and development of the state
- Chief Minister addressed people of the state in the 28th episode of his monthly radio talk ‘Lokvaani’
- Expansion of budget-size to more than one lakh crore is a matter of pride for every Chhattisgarhia
- Budget provisions made in proportion to the population of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes
- Provision of Rs 20 thousand 405 crore for agriculture budget
- Despite the impact of COVID crisis and reduction in State’s share of GST and Central taxes, a Revenue Surplus Budget has been presented
- An amount of Rs 600 crore provisioned for Mahatma Gandhi Rural Industrial Park
- Examination fee for Special Junior Staff Selection Board, along with PSC and Vyapam, waived off
- State’s debt is steadily decreasing: Capital expenditure on steep rise
- Fiscal deficit is being consistently minimized: estimated to be only 2.55% of the GSDP in year 2022-23
- Implementation of Rajiv Gandhi Kisan Nyay Yojana to be continued in the coming years as well
Raipur (thestates.news)| In his address to people of the state during the 28th episode of his monthly radio talk ‘Lokvaani’ today, Chief Minister Bhupesh Baghel said that our new budget will determine the direction of development for Nava Chhattisgarh. Public participation will have an important role in the growth and progress of the state. Our government is consistently working for public interest and the development of the state. Despite the impact of COVID crisis and the reduction in State’s share of GST and Central taxes, Chhattisgarh Government has presented a budget of revenue surplus. The debt burden and fiscal deficit of the state are continuously decreasing and the capital expenditure is on all-time high. Today’s episode of Lokvaani was focused on the topic ‘Nava Chhattisgarh, New Budget’. This is so far the biggest budget presented by the state government, ever since the state of Chhattisgarh was formed. Presently, the size of the state budget is Rs one lakh 12 thousand 603 crore 40 lakh.
Chief Minister gave a series of answers to the queries of the audience in Lokvaani and informed about the strong economic status of Chhattisgarh state. Certainly, it is a matter of pride for every Chhattisgarhiya that the budget size of the state has crossed the mark of Rs 1 lakh crore. State government’s budget for the financial year 2022-23 includes the provisions in proportion to the population of scheduled castes and scheduled tribes, while the social and economic sectors have also been given the due attention. Our priority regarding the agriculture sector is very vocal. In the year 2022-23, an amount of Rs 20 thousand 405 crores has been provisioned for the agriculture budget. We are moving forward by ensuring optimal utilization of our resources, value-addition, fair value to the dedication and hard work of our toiling people and right price for the production in the state. This strategy is proving to be a catalyst in the economic growth of the state.