Those who play with youth’s future will rot in jail: Yogi Adityanath

Gorakhpur, ( | Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Sunday said that those playing with the future of the youth in Uttar Pradesh will rot in jail for the rest of their lives while the properties of their parents and grandparents will be confiscated. Addressing students at the Rajkiya Jubilee Inter College ground during the smartphone and tablet distribution event, the CM said, “Not only the cities of UP will become smart, but also the youth of the state with smartphones and smart classes.”

During the event 1,500 students were provided with tablets and 3,000 students received smartphones. The CM personally handed tablets to 15 students and smartphones to 10 students.
He also laid the foundation stone of ‘Project Alankaar’ worth Rs 17.35 crore in 26 secondary schools and 330 premium smart classrooms to be built at a cost of Rs 7.58 crore in 141 secondary schools. He also handed over the Smart Class Certificate to the principals of four intermediate colleges.

Yogi elaborated that with the introduction of the Swami Vivekananda Youth Empowerment Scheme in November 2021, the distribution of smartphones and tablets commenced. “The objective is to digitally empower the youth, ensuring that their education remains uninterrupted in potential future pandemics such as Covid,” he said.

He said that during Covid when physical education came to a halt, Prime Minister Narendra Modi envisioned fostering connections through technology. “In alignment with his vision, UP has already distributed smartphones and tablets to 20 lakh youth without discrimination and has set the target to give it to two crore youths across the state,” he said.

The CM said that the schemes of the central and state governments that are essential for the future and self-reliance of the youth have also been added to these devices. “Empowered with technology, the youth will forge ahead and contribute to realising the vision of a developed India,” he said. He urged the youth to take the pledge to make UP a leader in Digital India and utilise smartphones to learn about educational programmes and government schemes.

Yogi said that Project Alankar has been initiated to strengthen the infrastructure of dilapidated secondary schools. “In Project Alankar, the government provides 100 percent funding for government schools and 75 percent for aided non-government schools, while the school management has to contribute the remaining 25 percent. Sanskrit schools receive 90 percent funding from the government under this initiative,” he said.
He also emphasised the importance of maintaining cleanliness and hygiene in schools. He mentioned that today marks the commencement of Project Alankar for schools across the state and under this project, work will be carried out in 69 schools in the Gorakhpur division.

The CM discussed the Premium Smart Class for secondary schools, stating that funds are being allocated from CSR for this purpose. “Smart classes can be made more useful by connecting it with digital libraries,” he said. He urged teachers and students to make use of the smart class, as the whole world is getting connected with it. “The company installing it will provide free services for sometime,” he said.

Yogi said, “In the new UP of New India, education is undergoing a transformation in line with the National Education Policy, with the government aligning infrastructure accordingly. It is our firm commitment that the youth of UP will stand shoulder to shoulder with their global counterparts. To support youth preparing for competitive exams, the government has facilitated Abhyuday coaching in every district.”

He said, “The country has changed today. Prior to 2014, there was little discourse on topics like youth, faith, prosperity and security. Now, we witness enhanced security, prosperity and the assurance that earning a livelihood also garners respect. Presently, our nation boasts the fifth-largest economy in the world.”

Raising the slogan of ‘Phir ek baar Modi Sarkaar’, Yogi said that forming the Modi government for the third time would lead the country to become the world’s third-largest economy. “The goal is to develop every individual and entire India,” he said. (UNI)